Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portraits Questions(:

Value Portraits Art Critique
                                                                                                                                                        
Self evaluation (must write at least 3 sentences for each question)
1. Explain the process you went through to develop your drawing.
To develop my drawing I first had to trace the shade spots and light spots on my person. After my paper was filled with circles of spots where her face shades were different colors, I scribbled led on the pack of the trace paper so i could easily imprint the drawing into my sketch book. After it was imprinted I shaded the circles of shade and light spots to my 9-value scale so the face had color.
2. Explain how you found the different values in the portrait?
I first put the drawing up to the window, and put trace paper on top of it. Then i looked through the trace paper and found spots where her face were lighter and darker. I traced those spots.
3.  Did you achieve a full range of the different values within your portrait?  How?
Most likely, the sun was shining on half her face, and she had a white shirt on, so i definently achieved the lightest color of my 9-value scale. It was harder for me to get darker colors, but because the sun was only on one side, it benefited me so I could go color the darker spots.
4. Describe your craftsmanship.  Is the artwork executed and crafted neatly?
I attempted to make my artwork very neat. It was kind of hard because i had such dark lines to color in. Overall, for my skill level, my drawing was rather good.
5. List any obstacles you had to overcome and how you dealt with them.
I had a problem getting my shades to look correctly. When I was shaded, I often erased lines so the face would look more natural. In the end you can't tell I had a problem with the shading which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment