Friday, September 7, 2012

Value Study Drawing!

1. Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.
In the beginning, my three shapes looked really good. I accidentally did all three shapes in the same color though, and they were all suppose to be different colors. When i redid them, they weren't as neat looking. Hopefully after i finish shading them, they will look a lot better.

2. if this was a group project, what was your contribution?
If this was a group project, I would've contributed on the shading. My shapes aren't always the same size so I wouldn't want to draw the outline of them, causing the circle to look like an oval and square to look too big, and so on.

3. How successful do you feel this piece is and why?
I feel like its actually rather good, but I would love to improve next time. My biggest issue was the square, because it has so many sides to shade from.  I love drawing the circle, but towards the bottom my lines no longer are in the shape of a sideways 'C' but they started becoming like a slash.

4. What worked about this project? What didn’t work?
My planes (what "line" the bottom of the shape is sitting on) are all different, which was a good thing. I didn't struggle with placing them in different spots. I did however struggle with the shading of the shapes, especially because they had to be layered on top of each other.



5. If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making?

Take my time and think about what I'm doing. I listened to the directions, but like I said in question 1, I forgot about the shapes being different colors. I also started drawing on the back, then flipped the paper over to start over, and the lines from the back of the paper went through onto the front, so you could see distinct shape lines and it didn't look good.

6. What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
Blending the colors so you can't see specific lines where I switched oil pastel colors.

7. What did you learn from this piece?

Art takes talent. Before art, I would look at a portrait drawing or a shaded drawing, and would think nothing of it. Now, I understand how much work the artist probably put into the piece, and how important lines and shading really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment